MENU

FINALLY earned the badge!

I was teaching a Red Cross fire safety workshop to some cub scouts at a local park. It was an incredibly hot day (heat index over 100), and those of us leading the various instructional sessions in the park had to stay put as the cub scout groups rotated among us. My co-teachers had brought folding lawn chairs, and we took advantage of every opportunity to rest and drink water between groups. At the hottest part of the afternoon, I collapsed into my chair once again, but this time, it buckled beneath me. Once I got over the initial shock and confirmed I wasn’t injured, I started laughing, because all I could think was “FINALLY! I earned my Broke Chair badge!”

Leave a Comment!

You must be logged in to post a comment.